We are following return to practice guidelines created by our College, Association, Provincial Health Office and WorksafeBC. This document will explain the new clinic protocols that are intended to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 and allow you to receive high quality care at Riverside Massage Therapy.
If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, and/or are
experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including: fever, new or worsening
chronic cough, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of sense of smell,
please CANCEL your appointment (you will not be charged a late cancellation fee) or DO NOT BOOK an appointment.
Please read the following before booking.
Upon booking your appointment:
- You will be asked visit http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/symptoms to pre-screen for symptoms of COVID-19
- The day before your appointment you will notified that you are required to complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Please inform us if someone you live with is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
Preparing for your appointment:
- Bring a disposable or cloth mask (one will be provided if you need one)
- Arrive alone (unless you require assistance)
- Use the washroom at home (as our washroom needs to sanitized after each use, we are limiting its use to emergencies)
- Leave unnecessary belongings at home or in your car
Upon arrival before every appointment:
- Arrive 5 minutes early to your appointment and wait in your car or outside the clinic
- Call us at 604-474-2263 to let us know you’ve arrived
- You will be asked if you have completed the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-
- Assessment tool and if anything has changed since then
- Once cleared you can enter the clinic
- Sanitize your hands upon entry (provided) and wear a mask (required)
- Once in the treatment room your therapist will go over the revised Informed Consent to Treat form and you will be asked to sign it before treatment can begin
- Sanitize your hands in the treatment room
- Proceed to reception (follow one-way traffic flow and observe physical distancing markings)
- Use contact-less payment (Credit Card/Debit with tap) or direct billing (no cash)
- Re-schedule online if possible (request a “Welcome email” if you don’t already)
- Please leave promptly through the exit door
What we are doing:
- Therapists/staff are following enhanced cleaning protocols
- Therapists/staff will be completing the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool daily
- Therapists will be wearing masks and changing them between each treatment
- Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be available in waiting area and treatment rooms
- We have added breaks after every appointment to allow proper disinfecting of the treatment room (all cleaners approved by Health Canada)
- We will be washing our hands before and after treatment and after eating or touching any hard surface
- We will be observing physical distancing outside the treatment room by limiting the number of people in the clinic and instituting a one-way traffic flow in the clinic (please follow signs/directions from therapists/staff)
- All linens will be laundered between every use
- We will not be coming to work if we have any flu-like symptoms (we expect the same from our patients)
If you feel comfortable with the above procedures and expectations then please book in via our website http://riversidemassagetherapy.ca/ or call 604-474-2263.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We look forward to seeing you!
We are all in this together!